eMPOWER Program Terms & Conditions
At eSight, we enable people with low vision to see new possibilities. To help you reach your goal in obtaining eSight’s revolutionary technology, eSight will offer you support services and access to our exclusive fundraising platform to help you reach your goals.
eSight’s online fundraising platform has been a successful tool in helping people reach their goal in getting eSight. Typically, online fundraising can be time consuming, while carrying an additional cost to the individual. There are several online fundraising platforms, but they may take between 10%-15% of the amount raised (or in some cases, upwards of this).
Through the eSight Affordability Program, eSight is proud to cover the fundraising-platform costs incurred while raising funds for your eSight. Every dollar raised through our platform will go directly towards your eSight.
In addition, the eSight Affordability Program also offers you:
1. Access to our exclusive on-line peer-to-peer fundraising platform, with all fees covered by eSight.
2. Assistance in setting up your personal fundraising page on our exclusive fundraising platform, should you require it.
3. Templates, documents, and other resources to use for your fundraising campaign such as an introduction story template.
By joining this program, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. I agree that every dollar raised through eSight’s online fundraising platform will go directly towards my eSight (or directly towards someone else’s eSight, depending on the situation), and nothing else.
2. I agree that, while there is no charge for the company’s assistance, all money raised will be directed to an account established and controlled by the company in my name.
3. I agree that, if my account becomes inactive (1 year after initial activation or later at the discretion of eSight), I understand that all money raised will go into the eSight Make Blindness History Fund, to be used to help someone else purchase their eyewear.
4. I agree that, if I raise more than the amount required to purchase eSight, the excess funds will be allocated to the eSight Make Blindness History Fund. This fund is used to assist fundraisers purchase eSight.
5. I agree that eSight may use my story and any images and videos associated with my campaign, to assist in raising money for fundraising campaigns for eSight. This includes, but is not limited to: traditional media, social media, direct mail, and reaching out to service clubs, government agencies, individuals or corporations.
6. I agree that if for any reason I return my unit to eSight, I am unable to obtain a refund. I will have the option to donate it to another person that is in need.
7. I agree that I am solely responsible and liable for all aspects of the fundraising activities that I undertake, including, but not limited to, the safe and lawful conduct of any fundraising activities.
8. I agree that eSIght may share my name, images and story to third party non-profit organizations, charities and foundations to support raising money through their fundraising campaigns for eSight.
This Release and Waiver Form (collectively, the “Release”) shall be subject to the laws of the State or Province in which the fundraiser resides. In the event any provision of this Release is deemed unenforceable by law, (i) eSight shall have the right to modify such provision to the extent necessary to be deemed enforceable; and (ii) all other provisions of this Release shall remain in full force and effect.
I understand that I have given up substantial rights by agreeing to this Release, and have agreed to it freely and voluntarily without any inducement, assurance or guarantee being made to me and intend for my agreement to be a complete and unconditional release of liability to the greatest extent allowed by law.